Sunday, July 4, 2010

Angelina Jolie Is Bored With Acting, Considering Retirement

Angelina Jolie
 
Maybe you’ve heard? Angelina Jolie has this new movie coming out this month called Salt in which she wears a lot of wigs and jumps from a lot of trains. It’s precisely the type of mindless popcorn flick that summer was invented for. But if you ever want to see Angelina on the silver screen again, you’re going to have to act fast because she now claims she’s retiring from it all:
Jolie who has six kids with her partner Brad Pitt, reveals she’s growing tired of acting and might not “do it much longer.”
She tells Vanity Fair magazine, “It’s (acting) not the most important thing in my life. Acting helped me as I was growing up. It helped me learn about myself, helped me travel, helped me understand life, express myself, all those wonderful things. So I’m very, very grateful, it’s a fun job. It’s a luxury… But I don’t think I’ll do it much longer. Because I have a happy home… I got back from work last night, and everybody was playing music and dancing and I suddenly found myself dancing around with a bunch of little fun crazy people.”
Raise your hand if you believe a word of this?

Mostly this rings hollow because IMDb shows not only does she have The Tourist in post-production, but she has the Kung Fu Panda sequel and a movie about Cleopatra lined up next, plus the months of required press junkets that these projects will entail nearer to their release dates. And that’s just the stuff she’s already signed onto. In February, author Patricia Cromwell told the L.A. Times that Angelina had called her to express interest in fast-tracking a movie based on her Kay Scarpetta crime novels, in which Angelina would play the medical examiner main character. And Angelina is also reportedly in talks to star in a Ridley Scott-produced retelling of the 1995 murder of fashion CEO Maurizio Gucci.

My point being: She’s the most famous and in-demand actress in the world. She readily admits that acting has been her golden ticket to becoming a rich, powerful, well-traveled, fully actualized person. So it seems to me that if she wanted to spend more time with her family, she would have started saying no already. (deceiver.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment